Design of the Year Awards
December 5, 2013, 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Las Vegas Design Center
The Design of the Year Awards celebrates the year's best interior design. Interior designers, architects and design students based in Southern Nevada are encouraged to submit their best work. Projects will be judged by a panel and the winners will be announced during the Design Professionals Holiday Gala on December 5th. There are no categories, instead a Design of the Year, first and second runners up, and a student winner will be selected. The Design of the Year winner will receive a $3,000 contract and build out allowance to create an exceptional room vignette to be displayed in the Building A Atrium beginning in February 2014.
Successful entries will be clear, outstanding projects that demonstrate exceptional design and creativity. Judging will focus on four main criteria:
-Context - the project's relationship to its environment/surroundings
-Innovation in materials/usage
1. Photography - a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of ten (10) photographs of the completed project. If the project is a remodel, please submit before-and-after photography.
2. Elevations - four (4) total
3. Reflected ceiling plan
4. Narrative Brief/Design Statement - Max. 300 words explaining the inspiration behind the design, and what makes it exceptional.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES IS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15 AT 5PM. All entry materials must be submitted in an 8.5x11 binder and include a CD with digital copies of all submission materials. Please deliver binders to the executive offices on the second floor of Building A, attention Cain Brodie.
The winner, runners up, student and nominees will be recognized during the Las Vegas Design Center Holiday receotuib. Depending on the number of submissions, the goal is to show all submitted projects during the luncheon and highlight the winning submissions. Winners will receive the following benefits:
-$5,000 contract to design Building A product display
-2 nights hotel stay and $250 resort credit at Aria
-Press outreach to local and regional publications
1. Participation is limited to interior designers based in Southern Nevada, but projects can be located anywhere in the world.
2. Projects must have been completed in 2012 or 2013.
3. Projects that have been submitted in the past but did not win and still meet these requirements can be submitted again.
For questions, please contact Cain Brodie at email@example.com
RSVP To This Event
The awards reception and Design Professional Holiday Gala is open to members of the Southern Nevada design community only, the deadline to RSVP is Friday, November 29th. To RSVP, please complete the form above.